Friday, October 22, 2010

Week Eight Post

The semester is flying by! Now that we have started working on our multi genre research papers I am beginning to realize how research papers can be more fun. The students in my 6th grade field placement class are writing research papers and they seem quite bored with them. I remember always being bored with research papers as well, but the idea of creating new genres of work make it way more exciting. I am not sure if I will end up teaching in a grade high enough to be working on research papers, but I think you could apply the idea of creating multiple genres from one type of work to things other than just research papers. Students could find a journal entry, or any type of paper they have written and create a new piece from it. I think when you take some time away from a piece of writing you've done and them come back and look at it, you always have a new perspective on it and new great ideas!

1 comment:

  1. You are right! Even using some of the pieces for science or social studies...

    ReplyDelete